WHAT IS A HOUSE CONCERT?
It's an invitation only concert in someone’s home presented by a host who does not profit from the event. They build strong friendships between musicians, presenters/hosts, and listeners, as they are the most intimate and compelling performance environment available! For the audience, it's a chance to get very close to the performer and the songs. For the artist, this is a great chance to perform in a friendly "listening environment" and to earn some money while continuing their tour.
They are mostly:
- Held indoors and on weekends
- The size is usually between 20-60 guests
- Paid for by a $10-$20 donation per guest (to the performer)
- Known to include light snacks, beverages or a pot-luck dinner
- Attended by the host's friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe a few fans of the artist.
- Performed with a very small sound system (provided by the artist)
- Very intimate - the audience sit close and are very attentive.
- Perform two 40 minute sets with a 20-minute break.
Email us at Carroll@CarrollBrownMusic.com if you are interested in hosting a House Concert in your home.
You can find more information on house concerts by checking out What is a House Concert?
Venues can be coffeehouses, clubs, or any venue that has a listening room environment. Find more info at https://my.listeningroomnetwork.com/